Wednesday 1 December 2021

Session 8: Computational Thinking

 My last blog as part of my DFI. It has been a journey that I have really enjoyed. Learnt lots of new tips and tricks and have enjoyed sharing them with my tamariki along the way. Thank you to Maria and our awesome bubble group for the support and guidance. I have enjoyed working with you all.

I have  signed up to take the google exam next week it will be a nice way to round off all our DFI learning.


Lots to think about today with computational thinking. How are we preparing our tamariki for jobs that don't exist? 


It was my first time exploring scratch. I found it both fun and frustrating! I knew what I wanted my outcome to be but actually found it quite hard to break down the steps and tell the computer what to do! As always when we are doing our create tasks I am trying to find a way in can use it with my class. I probably wont be exploring scratch with my class. However, will look into using scratch jnr with them.










2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kate,

    I'm glad you've enjoyed the DFI so much!
    Scratch is a fantastic tool, but one that can definitely take a bit to get used to using! Scratch Junior is a great starting place as it's a paired back simplified version of the full tool.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kate, I think fun but frustrating sums up lots of coding. However, perseverance really does make a difference - to me at least. The more I do the easier it gets.
    All the best for the exam tomorrow.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete