Wednesday 24 November 2021

Session 7: Devices

Today we got to have a closer look at Chromebooks and iPad and how our tamariki use them. It was good to have another play around with a Chromebook and familiarize myself with more shortcuts.


I enjoyed using Explain Everything. I haven't used it before so it was a good chance to learn more about it and play around with all the tools. It was really fun to use and I can see how the tamariki would really enjoy it too. I was able to insert audio of Greedy Cat to my whiteboard and instantly my mind was thinking about how this could be used during reading rotations. A fun app to explore that the kids will enjoy. 



During our create time today I had the opportunity to explore screencastify more. I decided to use my time to make a video about animating objects in Google Slides as we are going to do this in class this week. I am looking forward to sharing this with my class tomorrow which will hopefully enable the tamariki to follow these instructions and have a try at animating objects more independently…… I need to do a bit of editing as I decided to make the videos smaller so the tamariki will be able to watch a video then do it independently then watch the next video etc..

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kate,

    That's a great idea - breaking your screencast up into steps. Another way you could do this is once you've created your longer video, put it into Google slides, where you can specify where a video starts and stops and then just break it up on different slides eg the first 30 seconds on slide one, then the next 30seconds on the next slide with a header so the students know what that part is about.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Kate,
    Using explain everything as part of reading rotations is a great idea. Once learners are trained in the process of downloading the EE projects and using them the sky is the limit. Such a great app. Do you already have the EE app on learner ipads?
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're amazing! What a great idea to use screencastify as a tool to explain things to your class so your time is freed up to work on other things rather than having to repeat yourself quite so much! Keep up the good work Kate :)

    ReplyDelete