Wednesday 27 October 2021

Session 3: Media

 Create create create!


Dorothy spoke about the importance of placing learners at the center of learning. Where tamariki are the creators of content, not merely consumers.  


We explored Google draw and Google Slides  as a creative tool. Tips and tricks that I am going to share with my tamariki are:

  • Mask image to make an ‘app-like’ image. I know they will enjoy inserting an image and cropping it using a shape.  

  • Downloading images as a png - image only no background.


Using Google Slides to create an animation. Very simple and would work nicely in my classroom as my tamariki already have well established skills in Google Slides so not too much new teaching that will need to be done first. I look forward to sharing my animation with them and working along side them as they create their own.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kate,
    A great animation that introduces a topic nicely. I look forward to hearing how your learners found this learning.
    I really like the way you have written your new learning in your post as a prompt for you.
    Ngā mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora ano Kate,
    "Creators of content not merely consumers" resonated with me too. Something I have to get my head around when watching my eleven year old spend hours playing Minecraft! Your slide animation looks great. Always a popular create task in the classroom too. Nā, M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressed by the quality of your animation - very engaging. Pricked the bubble of my self-satisfaction with my basic "ogre and child" scenario.

    ReplyDelete