Wednesday 3 November 2021

Session 4: Dealing with Data

I have used Google Forms before with my class only as a survey. I hadn't explored all the other functions.  I enjoyed making a Google Form for my tamariki to do where they have to first watch a video about our inquiry topic then complete the series of questions. I am wondering if I can get them to create a Google Form..??





Google Sheets is not something that I use very often. I know how to use the basic functions which gets me through what I need it for! So, I wasn't overly excited about using it today! However, I really enjoyed it and certainly did level up my skills. I immediately went into some data tables that I have in Google Docs and transferred them to Sheets added alternating colours to my rows and conditional formatting. These are two functions that I am happy to now have in my kete making my data clear and easy to understand.


We used our Google Sheets skills to do a data case study on a students blog. I chose to analyze Dyzon’s blog. First, we had to collect data on how many posts a month Dyzon did over his 3 year blogging journey. Then present these in a column graph. As you can see Dyzon has become quite a confident blogger!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love how you've written your months in your table - that looks really cool! I'm sure you could get your kids to do a google form - I am inspired by what you are doing with your class - it sounds like a lovely class to be in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving google sheets and can see some really practical uses for it especially connected to google forms. As sports coordinator this will be a great use of information for recording what students are doing. I like the idea of getting kids to make a google form...Maybe in maths to use the information to make a graph themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Whaea De. Yes, defiantly some great ideas. Hopefully the math teacher will read this comment and give it a go...

      Delete
  3. Kia ora Kate,
    Great to read of the change of thinking as you learn more about sheets. Yay!
    Nga mihi,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete